Dr. Dawn K. Batson on Cultural Identity
December 20, 2022
Cristine Seidell, Lisa Heidle, and Dawn K. Batson
Dawn K. Batson, Ph.D., joins The Ego Project to discuss Cultural Identity.
Originally from Trinidad and Tobago, Dr. Batson is a creative professional with twenty plus years of experience in multicultural education and arts administration. She utilizes music and the arts with emphasis on the steel pan (often known as the steel drum in the United States) as a medium for cross-cultural outreach.
Learn more about Dawn: www.keepyourjoyandrise.com/
Listen to Checking in with Dr. B. Podcast: https://checkinginwithdrb.buzzsprout.com
Join the Jumpstart Network: https://www.keepyourjoyandrise.com/subscription-networking-forum
In this episode, Dawn, Cristine, and Lisa discuss:
- How immersion in multiple cultures can enhance ego work in our personal and professional lives
- The different "personas" we wear in the world
- How culture and support systems can be a strong foundation for growth and healing
- The importance of defining "who you are" today and "who you want to be" in the future
- The healing power that can be found in music, creativity, and laughter
The Ego Project is for entertainment, educational, and informational purposes only. The opinions shared should not be considered psychological or medical treatment. If you are experiencing a mental health emergency, please seek professional help or call 911.
Thank you for listening! Learn more about The Ego Project on our website. Follow us on Instagram and TikTok!